Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Angela's Scholastic Art Award











A few weeks ago,we received in the mail an invitation to the high school to view student's art pieces that had been entered in the Scholastic Art competition. I knew that Angela had been working on a clay pot in art class, but I really didn't know if her's was submitted in the contest. As Thursday's nights were the one night of the week that the girls did not have any activities, I was not really planning on attending. Luckily, her art teacher called me and informed me that, yes her piece had been submitted, and she was going to receive a certificate. Her piece would also be in a slide show that featured every participants piece, and their individual art teacher would be commenting on the student and their art work. Her art teacher had some really nice comments about Angela. I never knew she was such an accomplished artist, she for sure did not get that gene from me. She has decided to continue in art to fulfill her fine arts credit in high school. We are so proud of her and her artistic abilities!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats Ang!! I love You