Friday, January 23, 2009

Happy Birthday and Congratulations Amanda!
















Amanda celebrated her 17th birthday this week. I can't believe it's been 17 years since she was born. It doesn't seem that long ago she was just a little girls "cooing" in her bouncy chair. Now she is a junior in high school. Everyone said to enjoy every minute because time flies. I heard them, but I didn't really think too much about it. Boy were they right! So all of you with young kids, enjoy every minute. Today I took Amanda to Fulton for her road test. I picked her up from school early, and she seemed pretty relaxed. She did admit to having butterflies in her stomach all day though. It was a perfect day, mid 40's and no snow. Right before it was her turn for the test, the sun came out and the local church's bells started to ring. We took that as a good sign! The instructor was crabby, but she passed with flying colors. She was so excited and nervous that her hands were shaking so hard I had to drive home. She is a very good driver, but I still don't know if I'm ready yet for her to just take the car and drive away. I'm sure I will get used to it, but right now, even as I'm writing about it, my heart is beating a little faster. It's another milestone in her life. Again, enjoy every minute!

2 comments:

Tara said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIMI!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS with your road test!
I can't believe it. I can't believe you'll be in college soon.

Jennie Decker said...

Elle is already 5 and I wonder where the last 5 years went. Hope all is well in NY. Love reading your blog. --Jennie